Roadwork and Maintenance closures
WSDOT Paving on SR 528
Contractor crews are grinding and repaving 1.76 miles of State Route 528/64th Street Northeast from 55th Drive Northeast to 83rd Avenue Northeast in Marysville. More information: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/sr528/marysvillepave/
Ebey Slough Bridge to SR 531 Interchange Paving and ADA Compliance - #9028
Highway: I-5 Region: Northwest County: Snohomish Location: Milepost(s) 198.50 – 200.50
Contact: Mark Sawyer, Project Engineer, 425-225-8799
Description: About 15 miles of Interstate 5 is getting a new layer of asphalt in the Marysville area during the summer of 2017. This project will repave an 8-mile stretch of southbound I-5 from just north of SR 531 to SR 529. Crews will also repave about 7 miles of northbound I-5 from SR 529 to just north of 136th Street Northeast.
- Sunday, July 23, to the morning of Friday, July 28 – The two right lanes of northbound I-5 between the 88th Street Northeast and the State Route 531 Interchange will be closed, starting with the far left lane at 8 p.m. nightly. Both lanes will reopen by 9 a.m.
WSDOT Full Roadway Closure @ Ebey Slough
WSDOT Maintenance has to perform an approach slab stabilization repair on the SR529 bridge over Ebey Slough in Marysville. The approach slabs have settled several inches since construction.To perform this work, Maintenance will completely close SR529 between the I-5 ramps and just north of the Ebey Slough Bridge.
- Full SR529 Roadway Closure @ Ebey Slough:
- Monday night (Aug 7) @ Mon 7:00pm - Tues 5:00am
- Tuesday night (Aug 8) @ Tues 7:00pm - Wed 5:00am
- Wednesday night (Aug 9) @ Wed 7:00pm - Thurs 5:00am
- Thursday night (Aug 10) @ Thurs 7:00pm - Fri 5:00am
The detour route for Northbound SR529 closure will be via on-ramp to North I-5 and exit-ramp to Eastbound SR528 back over to State Ave.
The detour route for Southbound SR529 closure will be via West 528 to South I-5 on-ramp and the exit-ramp to South SR529.
For more information, contact Nicole Daniels (WSDOT Communications) @ 206-440-4479
CITY OF MARYSVILLE PROJECTS
Summer road overlay projects start July 24
- 67th Avenue NE (49th Street NE to SR 528): July 24-late September - Remove and rebuild ADA ramps, repair pavement, full-width grind and pavement overlay, new pavement markings
- 51st Avenue NE (railroad tracks to 152nd St NE): Tentatively Aug. 14-22 - Repair pavement, full-width grind and pavement overlay, new pavement markings
- 71st Avenue NE (40th Street NE to 44th Street NE): August-September TBD - Repair pavement, full-width grind and pavement overlay, new pavement markings
- 92nd Street NE (State Avenue to 45th Drive NE): August-September TBD - Repair pavement, full-width grind and pavement overlay, new pavement markings
These projects are funded by voter-approved Transportation Benefit District funds. Performing the work is contractor Cadman Materials, Inc. (formerly Cemex Construction Materials). For more information, contact Project Engineer Adam Benton at 360-363-8283.
83rd Ave NE Sewer InstallPrivate Contractor Sound Earthworks has a deep sewer project which is expected to last until mid August. 83rd Avenue is closed to through traffic from 56th Street to 61st Street (open to local traffic and emergency services). If there are any questions, please contact Rick Herzog, City Construction Inspector, at (360)363-8217.
Crews will be mowing right of ways in various locations in the City. This may cause lane slow downs.
Updated July 25, 3:00 p.m.