I Want ToMayor & CouncilDepartmentsCitizensBusinessVisitors
Click to Home
Go To Search
Emergency Alert - Currently No Alerts
Utility Billing
Information for utility customers
Utility Billing handles billing for residential and commercial water, surface water, sewergarbage (including residential recycling), and yard debris collection. View the Basic City Guide to Utilities for latest rates, and Collection Schedule for pickup schedules.

If you have questions about your utility account or statement, please email or call us at (360) 363-8001. Please have your account number ready. Most questions can be quickly and conveniently answered to your satisfaction over the phone. For your convenience, you can pay your utility bills with MasterCard or Visa in person at City Hall, 1049 State Ave., or pay your City utility bill online by clicking on the green "Pay Online" button. Customers can also set up a hassle-free automatic bank draft that will withdraw payment directly from your bank account.

You may also write to us at 1049 State Ave., Marysville, WA 98270. Do not include any correspondence with your payments as we might not receive your letter in a timely manner.

Discount and rebate programs available for eligible seniors, disabled citizens
The City of Marysville offers rate discounts on city utilities and a rebate on some utility taxes other than city utilities to eligible low-income senior and disabled citizens. Apply for the Utility Rate Discount or Utility Tax Rebate, and see how many dollars you could save. 

Your Bimonthly Utility Service Statement
Your bimonthly utility bill includes charges for one or more City utility services: water, surface water, sewer, garbage (including residential recycling) and yard debris collection. The property owner is legally responsible for all charges. All delinquencies constitute a lien against your property and can result in assignment to collections and/or foreclosure.

Payment Terms and Methods
Statements are due and payable upon receipt. Full payment must be received in our office no later than 5 p.m. on the due date indicated on your bill. Make your check/money order payable to the City of Marysville. DO NOT SEND CASH. Several payment options are available:

  • New mailing address coming in 2015 - please check back periodically.
  • Pay in person at City Hall, 1049 State Ave.
  • Use our brown drop box in the parking lot behind City Hall.
  • Pay Online by credit card through the City website with "Pay Online" button on the website.
  • Pay-by-phone service call (360) 363-8777.
Landlord/Tenant Statement for Utility Accounts
Landlords are required to complete a Landlord/Tenant Statement for Utility Accounts form that authorizes the City to bill the tenant for utility services.
Late Fees
If a "past due notice" is generated for failure to pay by the Due Date, a late fee equal to 5% of the amount past due will be assessed on all amounts in arrears at the time of each bi-monthly billing. If your account becomes delinquent and a shut-off notice is generated,an additional late fee of 5% of the amount past due will be assessed to the payment due. Failure to pay before the shut-off day will result in discontinuation of service, with disconnection fees applied. Call us at (360) 363-8001 to speak with a Billing Representative if you have any questions.

Returned Bank Payments
If your payment is returned to us unpaid by the bank, repayment will be required in the form of cash, cashier's check, or money order, along with a $40 returned check fee. If your payment was toward avoiding shutoff, your service will be discontinued immediately.

Service Reinstatement
If service has been disconnected by the City (because of delinquency or returned payments, for example) you will be charged $20 for disconnect and reconnect the first time, and $40 each time if it occurs again within 12 months of the initial shut-off. Any request to reinstate service after 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, or on weekends or holidays, will result in an additional $75 after hours fee and payable by 9 a.m. the following business day.

Service Termination
When you wish to temporarily stop service or close your account, please contact a Billing Representative immediately for a closing read and bill. Notifying the City of your forwarding address assures that your closing bill is handled in a timely manner.

Webcheck Utility Lien Service
Washington state law requires title and escrow companies to contact cities and other local governments about utility liens when a property is sold. As a utility service provider, the City of Marysville contracts with the Webcheck Canopy, Inc. service: http://Web-check.net.