Herbicide Application Program
- All herbicide application in the City of Marysville is performed by trained and licensed applicators in accordance with manufacturer requirements and State and Federal regulations. These regulations include wind, rain and temperature restrictions.
- The most commonly used herbicides by the city are Glyphosate (sold commercially as Roundup), Candor (sold commercially as Crossbow), and Casoron 4G (sold commercially as Barrier). The city also uses several organic herbicides adjacent to water resources.
- The city does not apply herbicides adjacent to schools that are in session or residential neighborhoods, with the exception of the downtown core.
- The city Parks, Culture and Recreation Department uses herbicides on a very limited basis as a last-effort resource in city parks and on the city-owned golf course.
- Citizens concerned with the application of herbicide adjacent to their property may request to opt out by contacting the city Streets Division at 360-363-8160.
View Herbicide Application map