Diversity Advisory Committee
The City of Marysville’s Diversity Advisory Committee is soliciting applications for new members. Established in 2010, the committee works to identify issues, prioritize support and ensure that our city’s diverse population is represented in decision-making processes regarding diversity and inclusion. Deadline to apply is Sept. 30; apply here.
The committee is made up of 13 members serving one-year terms; initial appointments will be for a term ending in December 2024. We are seeking to include a variety of experiences that collectively represent the city as a whole.
- Attend regular monthly meetings
- Work to help develop the committee's annual work plan
- Advise the City on outreach strategies to engage underrepresented communities
- Serve as ambassadors for the Diversity Advisory Commmittee, promote the committee's work and collect feedback. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The City of Marysville recognizes the important value diversity has in our community. To us there are many facets of a diverse society which include, but are not limited to, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, socio-economic level, mental and physical differences, age and sexual orientation.
Established in 2010, the Mayor’s Diversity Advisory Committee (DAC) works to identify issues, prioritize support, and ensure that the diverse character of the community is represented in decision-making processes with regards to diversity and inclusion. Committee members should reflect the racial, ethnic and socioeconomic diversity of the Marysville-Tulalip area.
- Advise the City on diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies and policies that improve outcomes for marginalized communities;
- Assist the City in strengthening the relationship with diverse community groups, including historically underrepresented communities and marginalized populations;
- Lead the community in thought-provoking discussions that support cultural understanding, mutual respect and inclusivity, and further the enhancement of our community as one where cultural and physical diversity is celebrated as an important asset
- Mario Brown
- Jonnathan Yepez Carino
- JessAnne Christofferson
- Mel (Melissa) Figueroa
- JJ Frank
- Mytyl Hernandez
- Jim Strickland
- Teresa Williams @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>