Community Service Unit

Police Warning Notice

Marysville’s Community Service Unit is a specialty unit made up of a reserve commissioned police officer who enforces all state and Marysville Municipal Code laws related to animals, junk vehicles and parking. Call 911 to report an animal, parking or junk vehicle complaint.

The Community Service Officer is assigned to the Marysville Police Community Service Unit and helps the department’s police officers, detectives and specialty units as needed at crime scenes, traffic collisions and other special operations.

Junk/abandoned vehicles

Call 911 to report an abandoned vehicle on public right of way OR a junk vehicle on your private property. For junk vehicles, you’ll need a junk vehicle form, which you can get by calling the Department of Licensing at 360-902-3770 or downloading and completing a Junk Vehicle Affidavit

To qualify as a junk vehicle, the vehicle must meet three of the following conditions:

  • Must be at least three years old
  • Must be extensively damaged
  • Must be apparently inoperable
  • Must have a fair market value equal only to the approximate value of the scrap of the vehicle

Animal complaints

The Marysville Community Service Officer responds to a large number of animal cruelty complaints each year. Many of these investigations result in the arrest of a suspect and rescue of a victim animal. If you believe animal cruelty is occurring, call 911 immediately to report it.

Common animal-related complaints 

  • Animal cruelty/neglect
  • Dogs locked in cars during hot weather
  • Abandoned animals
  • Loose dogs
  • Barking dogs/noisy animals
  • Wild animal sightings
  • Dog bites
  • Injured animals

Officer Vasconi and Rescue Dog