COVID-19 - Recent Updates
- No late fees or water disconnections for unpaid balances through December 31, 2020.
- Need extra garbage picked up? Visit our COVID-19 page for the current policy on how extra garbage is being handled.
- City Hall is still closed to the public, but we're here to help - just give us a call or email!
Garbage Collection Information - Holidays
Garbage collection is Monday through Friday on your assigned day. Garbage is collected every official holiday except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
If your service falls on or after these holidays, your garbage will be collected on the next day:
- For every Thanksgiving, if your collection day is normally Thursday, it will be Friday, and if your normal collection day is Friday, it will be Saturday.
- For December 25, 2020, if your collection day is normally Friday, collection will be done on Saturday December 26, 2020.
- For January 1, 2021, if your collection day is normally Friday, collection will be done on Saturday January 2, 2021.
Once-a-month garbage customers:
Please put your garbage cart out on the first full week of each month (if the 1st of the Monday falls on a Monday, that is the first full week. If the 1st falls on Tuesday or later, the first full week starts on the Monday after the 1st) on your normal collection day. See the schedule to the left.
If snow or other events prevent safe collection of garbage or recycling, the City will collect double on the next collection day or, if circumstances permit, later in the collection week. Please see www.marysvillewa.gov, social media, or announcements regarding collection. The City will collect when safe to do so, as such, there is no credit given as all materials will be collected.
Leak Adjustments and Discounted Rates
Visit our Discounts & Rebates page for more information on low-income senior/low-income disabled rates and leak adjustments.
Utility Tax Disclosure
The amount billed for each of the services below include the following taxes:
|State Business & Occupation Tax||1.75 %||1.75%||1.75%|
|State Public Utility Tax||5.03%||3.85%||N/A|
|City Utility Tax||8.50%||8.50%||8.50%|