Community Beautification Program
The Community Beautification Program (CBP) provides funding to Marysville neighborhoods, community groups, and local businesses (businesses located from the south city limit to 8th St. and the west city limit east to Alder Ave.) that want to work together to beautify their neighborhood or other areas of the community. Applicants can apply for grant funding of up to $7,500 for potential first time grant recipients or $5,000 for those that have previously received CPB funds. Applicants that have been awarded funds and submitted for reimbursement in two previous grant cycles are not eligible for funding. Grant funds can be used for completing community landscaping efforts, neighborhood cleanup of common or publicly visible areas, or other projects that help enhance the quality of life for the community. Businesses can apply for funding for exterior improvements such as facade, sign or other beautification projects.
Well-kept neighborhoods and business areas provide benefits to both residents and visitors. They are safer, healthier places that the City of Marysville is proud to support.
Applications for 2019 were due on Friday, June 28, 2019. Projects must be completed by Oct. 1, 2019.
Successful applications will include the following:
- Name of the neighborhood, HOA, or business area where the project will take place
- Names and addresses of at least two applicants within the neighborhood or business area
- In neighborhoods with an HOA, include written concurrence from the HOA board
- In neighborhoods without an HOA, include at least five additional signatures to show broad-based support for the project
- Business applicants must include signatures from neighboring businesses or customers
- Three (3) Photos of the area or areas needing improvement
- An explanation of the project - please include who, what, when, where and why; how the project will benefit the community when complete; and who will maintain any improvements
- A line-item budget, including any outside/additional funding sources
Additional application requirements and information is included with the full application listed below.