Starting a Business in Marysville
Key advantages for prospective companies
The City of Marysville offers corporate citizens all the traits that a major employer looks for:
- Quick, easy freeway access - Most available commercial/light industrial land is located only blocks away from I-5, the major commuter route in the Puget Sound area.
- Rail line access - Passenger and freight traffic use the Burlington Northern/Santa Fe north-south route that passes directly through Marysville and parallels I-5 and Highway 99.
- Water access - Port Gardner Bay and the Puget Sound area are only minutes away and connected by Ebey waterway in downtown Marysville. The Port of Everett is the West Coast's second-largest terminus/marina sharing water's edge with Naval Station Everett.
- General Aviation Airports - Arlington Municipal Airport is only minutes north of Marysville and our Smokey Point Master Plan area with its 675 acres of commercial/light industrial property. Snohomish County Airport at Paine Field is 6 miles south, SeaTac International Airport is 50 miles south and Bellingham International Airport is 60 miles to the north.
- Ample water and sewer infrastructure - As the major purveyor in north Snohomish County, Marysville supplies water and sewer to an expansive service area, with a growing residential and commercial customer base of 18,000 water and 15,680 sewerconnections. Residential rates are among the lowest in Western Washington, and commercial rates are competitively priced.
- Regulatory consistency - Marysville municipal government recognizes that when a company becomes a corporate citizen, it should expect consistency in rules and regulations that apply to the business community. It is rightfully a determining factor in any company's new development or relocation decision.
- Pre-application review
- Explanation of procedures and requirements
- Fee estimates
- Assistance in site development
- Zoning and platting requirements
- Information on land status
Links to the Community Development resources are provided on the upper left section of this webpage. For more information on the resources and services available within the City of Marysville, visit the Economic Development Resources and Services page.
ContactTo discuss your commercial or industrial venture, contact Chief Administrative Officer Gloria Hirashima and the Economic Development Team:
City of Marysville
1049 State Ave.
Marysville, WA 98270