If you live or have a business in Marysville and the COVID-19 pandemic has hurt you financially, you may be eligible for a Marysville CARES grant. The City of Marysville announces another round for two of its grant programs, one for household rent or mortgage relief and the other for business expenses.
“As the effects of this pandemic continue, so many people are struggling financially,” Mayor Jon Nehring said. “We are grateful to be able to offer this financial assistance to Marysville residents and businesses trying to stay afloat.”
Housing relief grants
Residents can apply for up to $1,500 to help with rent or mortgage payments. To be eligible, you must who meet these criteria:
- Live within Marysville city limits,
- Are behind on rent or mortgage payments,
- Up to date on payments for six months prior to March 1, 2020, and
- Negatively impacted financially due to COVID-19.
The city will issue funds on a first eligible, first served basis until the $100,000 fund is exhausted. Find the application at https://www.marysvillewa.gov/HousingRelief. For questions, please email email@example.com.
Business relief grants
Small businesses can apply for up to $10,000 to help with business expenses. Eligibility criteria includes:
- Located within Marysville city limits,
- In business since on or before Jan. 1, 2020,
- Employ under 50 full-time employees or equivalent, including owner,
- Experienced interruptions, loss of sales, closure or curtailed operations, or other negative financial impacts from restrictions imposed to address COVID-19,
- Current Marysville business license,
- Not debarred.
Funds may be applied to wages, rent/mortgage, utilities, debt payments, insurance, cost of goods or supplies for which you have not previously received COVID-19 funding relief.
The city will award grants on a first eligible, first served basis until the $300,000 fund is exhausted. Find the online application at https://www.marysvillewa.gov/BusinessRelief. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cities including Marysville received federal CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security) Act funding distributed through the State of Washington. Over the past several months, Marysville has awarded other CARES funding through residential and business rent relief grants and financial support of local community services responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.