Beginning Tuesday, Aug. 10, 152nd Street NE will be closed to through traffic between 51st Avenue NE and 67th Avenue NE.
Traffic will be detoured north on 51st and 67th, then east and/or west on 172nd Street NE (SR 531). Detour signage is in place. Expect delays and plan for extra travel time.
Strawberry Fields will remain open and be accessible from 67th Avenue NE. Access to local properties will be maintained.
The closure is required to build a fish-passable culvert beneath 152nd Street NE, part of a project to realign and improve habitat conditions for Edgecomb Creek. This construction work in the vicinity of the railroad tracks just west of Strawberry Field includes:
- Adjusting the road elevation to pass over the fish culvert
- Installing footings and assembling the culvert
- Building retaining walls to allow for future widening of 152nd Street NE
- Creating a gravel streambed that mimics natural conditions to promote fish migration
- Constructing upstream and downstream waterway connections.