Your big spring cleaning starts at Clean Sweep! This popular free event takes place Saturday, April 30, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Marysville Public Works, 80 Columbia Ave.
Marysville residents can bring these items for free disposal or recycling:
- Garbage (must be bagged)
- Yard waste (branches, grass and leaves - no dirt, sod or rocks)
- Scrap metal
- Tires (clean, no wheels, no dirt or rocks)
- Batteries - automotive, household and recyclable
- Refrigerators or freezers - First 50 accepted free; after 50, $50 disposal fee charged
- Washers, dryers, stoves & hot water tanks – no limit
- Electronics and e-waste
- Computers, laptops, cells phones, tablets
- Flat screen TVs and monitors
- Keyboards, mice & peripherals; servers & networking equipment
- UPS battery backups
- Telephone equipment
- AV equipment - DVD, Blu-ray, VHS, stereos
- Printers, fax machines, scanners
- Holiday lights, wires, cables
- Remote controls
Do not bring these items:
- Light bulbs including LED and incandescent light bulbs, fluorescent tubes and compact bulbs
- Hazardous waste, paint, fuels, oils and household chemicals
- CRT (cathode ray tube) TVs and CRT monitors - older models made before flat screens
- Prescription drugs
For disposal options, visit https://www.snohomishcountywa.gov/477/Hazardous-Waste or the Snohomish County Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Station at 3434 McDougall Ave., Everett.
Prescription drugs are accepted at Marysville Police Department, 1635 Grove St., during regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
*For City of Marysville residents only.
Proof of residency required (driver’s license, state ID or city utility bill). One personal vehicle load per household; no commercial vehicles. No business/commercial waste.
Thank you to our event partners 3R Technology and Schnitzer Steel.
Have you finished your income taxes? Take the opportunity to clean out your files and have unneeded confidential paperwork shredded at the free Shred-A-Thon on Saturday, April 30, from 9 a.m. to noon at Marysville City Hall, 1049 State Ave. You can also bring Styrofoam and bubble wrap for recycling.
Please do not arrive early. The parking lot will not open before 9 a.m. People who arrive after 9:15 a.m. usually get through the line most quickly. The event ends at noon, or earlier if the shred trucks are full.
- You can bring up to six standard file-size boxes for free shredding.
- Be prepared to unload your own boxes and take them home afterward.
- Marysville Sunrise Rotary will accept clean Styrofoam and bubble wrap for recycling.
Donations of nonperishable food and cash to Marysville Community Food Bank are gratefully accepted online at www.marysvillefoodbank.com or at the event. Thank you to event sponsor Home Street Bank and community partners Marysville Sunrise Rotary and Marysville Community Food Bank.