Local officials and community members who want to better understand the land use planning process are invited to attend A Short Course on Local Planning on Tuesday, April 18. The free program takes place from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Marysville Civic Center, 501 Delta Ave., and is offered both in person and online.
The Short Course is an opportunity for planning commissioners, local government staff, elected officials, and community members to learn about our state’s legal framework for planning, comprehensive planning and community development processes, and public involvement in the planning process. This program is co-presented by Washington Department of Commerce and the City of Marysville.
- The Legal Basis of Planning in Washington
- Phil Olbrechts, Managing Partner, Olbrechts and Associates, PLLC
- Comprehensive Planning Basics
- Ted Vanegas, Senior Planner, Washington Department of Commerce
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Haylie Miller, Community Development Director, City of Marysville
- Open Government Laws
- Jon Walker, City Attorney, City of Marysville
Participation is free. Refreshments will be provided. Register at https://www.commerce.wa.gov/serving-communities/growth-management/short-course/.
Elected officials and members of WCIA, RMSA and WSBA will earn professional credits for participation.