Please join us for an Open House on the 2024 Comprehensive Plan Update. We are interested in hearing from citizens, business owners, and other community members about their ideas, priorities, and concerns for this update.
Date: Tuesday, June 20, 2023
Time: 5:00 – 7:00 PM
Location: Marysville Civic Center - Council Chambers, 2nd Floor
501 Delta Avenue - Marysville, WA 98270
The City of Marysville Comprehensive Plan is a policy document that provides guidance for Marysville’s future growth and development over a 20 year period. The last major update to the Comprehensive Plan occurred in 2015. The City is currently updating the Plan for the planning period 2024 – 2044 as required by RCW 36.70A.130(5)(a). The City’s goal is to complete the update by June 2024; however, the update may extend until December 2024.
We’d Like to Hear from You!
At the Open House, staff will provide a brief presentation on the Comprehensive Plan update including:
- The population and employment growth that we need to plan for over the next 20 years;
- State, regional and Snohomish County plans and standards that the City’s plans need to align with including new requirements on housing, the environment, and equity; and
- Preliminary strategies and concepts for accommodating growth while preserving the community’s unique character and history.
Your thoughts and feedback are requested on the following topics:
- Population and employment growth patterns and strategies;
- Housing design, housing options, and affordability;
- The natural environment, climate change concerns, and resiliency measures;
- The local economy, business environment and needs, and employment opportunities;
- Transportation options (e.g. motor vehicles, biking, walking, transit, etc.), improvements, and needs;
- Park and open space areas, improvements, and needs;
- Emergency services, police, and schools; and
- Characteristics of the community and your neighborhood that you like and areas where improvements are needed.
We would really appreciate your input and hope you can attend!
For Project Information
Please contact Angela Gemmer, Principal Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360.363.8240, or visit our 2024 Comprehensive Plan Update webpage (https://www.marysvillewa.gov/1211/2024-Comprehensive-Plan-Update).