Marysville Opera House
1225 Third St., Marysville, WA
(past 10 p.m. not permitted)
(please include children and staff)
*Attendance over 100 people requires event insurance.
*All rentals with alcohol require event insurance.
1. Rental Policy Statement: Rental facilities within the City of Marysville Parks system are provided for public use. The Marysville Parks & Recreation Advisory Board has mandated that all facilities be self-supporting. The terms and conditions of this Facility Use Agreement and the rental fees have been set in order to protect and maintain the facilities. The City of Marysville (the “City”) does not discriminate against any participant, client, or user of any services because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age, handicap, honorably discharged veteran or military status, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, and fully complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”).
2. Reservations: Rentals are offered on a first come first serve basis with a maximum of two-year advance reservations. Reservations are only accepted with a non-refundable reservation fee due at the time of booking ($200 for weekday rentals and $400 for weekend/holiday rentals). Full payment is due 90 days prior to the date of use. Rentals must be reserved a minimum 14 days prior to the date needed and more lead-time is needed if alcohol will be served. For rentals made less than 90 days prior to the date of use, full payment of all reservation fees are due immediately and will be non-refundable.
3. Cancellations: The person or entity executing this Facility Use Agreement (the “User”) may cancel the rental by providing written notice to the City. If the User cancels a rental more than 90 days prior to the date of use, the City will return all payments made, less the non-refundable reservation fee. If the User cancels a rental 90 days or fewer prior to the date of use, or fails to obtain any required permit or insurance by the date required, the City will retain all payments made. Only the damage deposit will be refunded. In no circumstance may a reservation or a rental be assigned or sublet without the written consent of the Parks, Culture & Recreation Director (the “Director”).
4. Rental Time: The time frame of the rental includes the time of the event and the additional time needed for set-up and clean-up including set-up and take down of tables and chairs, and must be confirmed no later than 45 days prior to the event.
5. Check-In/Check-Out: The User must check in with City staff prior to use and must perform a walkthrough to become familiar with the facility. The User accepts the condition of the facility upon taking possession and recognizes that the facility is historic in nature and was constructed prior to ADA standards. The User must check out with City staff at the conclusion of use and must perform a walkthrough once cleaning is substantially completed to identify any necessary additional cleaning or damage to the facility. The User is responsible for returning the facility to its pre-event condition (excepting normal wear and tear) including removing all items. A City employee will be present during the event to allow access to and to close the facility.
6. Decorations: Decorations, pictures, signs, notices, posters, displays, or exhibits of any type may not be attached, stapled, nailed, or taped to the exterior surfaces of the building or interior surfaces other than the interior walls. Concerning interior walls only approved mounting putty or painters tape may be used to attach decorations, pictures, signs, notices, posters, displays, or exhibits. The use of any form of confetti, rice, glitter, bird seed, silly string, sparklers, Chinese lanterns or party favors (or confetti-like items) in or around the facility is strictly prohibited. Helium balloons and/or open flames (including candles) are prohibited. Any evidence of prohibited decorations or prohibited methods of attachment forfeit all damage deposits and the City may immediately terminate the use. The Marysville Opera House will have holiday decorations up between the weeks of Thanksgiving and New Years. Existing decorations, pictures, signs, and displays owned by the City of Marysville may not be removed or altered.
7. Third Party Vendors: If utilizing third party vendors, please fill out and return the Third Party Vendor Form at least 45 days prior to your event or immediately if the date of use is within 45 days. The City reserves the right to reject third party vendors based on past experience.
16. Insurance Requirements: The User shall procure and maintain, for the duration of the use or rental period, insurance against claims for injuries to persons or damage to property which may arise from or in connection with the use of the facility and the activities of the User and his or her or its guests, representatives, employees, and volunteers.
A. The User’s maintenance of insurance as required by the Facility Use Agreement shall not be construed to limit the liability of the User to the coverage provided by such insurance, or otherwise limit the City’s recourse to any remedy available at law or in equity.
B. The User is required to procure, at its own expense, General Liability insurance at least as broad as Insurance Services Office (ISO) occurrence form CG 00 01 covering premises, operations, products-completed operations, and contractual liability. The City of Marysville shall be named as an additional insured on the User’s General Liability Insurance policy using ISO Additional Insured-Managers or Lessors of Premises Form CG 20 11 or an endorsement providing at least as broad coverage. The endorsement shall add “The City of Marysville, its officials, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers” as additional insureds. The General Liability insurance shall be written with limits not less than $1,000,000 each occurrence, $2,000,000 general aggregate.
C. The insurance policy shall contain, or be endorsed to contain that the User’s insurance coverage shall be primary insurance as respects the City. Any insurance, self-insurance, or self-insured pool coverage maintained by the City shall be excess of the User’s insurance and shall not contribute with it.
D. If the User maintains higher insurance limits than the minimums required, the City shall be insured for the full available limits of Commercial General and Excess or Umbrella liability maintained by the User, irrespective of whether such limits maintained by the User are greater than those required by this Facility Use Agreement or whether any certificate of insurance furnished to the City evidences limits of liability lower than those maintained by the User.
E. Insurance is to be placed with insurers with a current A.M. Best rating of not less than A: VII.
F. The User shall provide a certificate of insurance evidencing the required insurance 15 business days prior to the date of use.
Alcohol: If the Director or designee consents to alcohol being served in the facility, the User must comply with the following:
Appropriate License/Permit. The event must secure a Banquet Permit or Special Occasion License (as appropriate for the event) from the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board at least 15 business days prior to the date of use. The User is solely responsible for strictly complying with all requirements of such permits and all federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, health codes, and ordinances applicable to the service of alcohol at the facility. The User is solely responsible for ensuring that only persons who are of legal age are permitted to consume alcohol at the facility. The City of Marysville is not responsible for the supervision or monitoring of the activity taking place at the facility and any City employee on site is solely present as a facility monitor. However, if a City employee observes any of the conditions of
this Facility Use Agreement or state liquor laws or regulations being violated, the City may immediately terminate the event and may request that local law enforcement respond.
I, the undersigned User, have read and understand this Facility Use Agreement and have accepted responsibility for the terms listed. For, and in consideration of, permission being granted by the City of Marysville for the use by the facility, I agree to be bound by all terms and to comply at all times with all applicable rules, regulations, and directions or instructions of City employees. I understand that the City employee present has the right to immediately terminate the event if he or she determines that a situation is unsafe or presents a risk of harm to the facility. Further, if I sign on behalf of an entity, I affirm that I am authorized to bind that entity.
This is only permission to use the City of Marysville Parks, Culture & Recreation Department facility. It in no way replaces any permit required by any other organization or agency.
The City of Marysville shall not discriminate in the use of City Park, Culture, & Recreation facilities or programs on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age, handicap, honorably discharged veteran or military status, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. In addition, neither the City nor a third party receiving a lease or permit from the City shall discriminate on the basis of sex in the operation, conduct, or administration of community athletic programs. Persons having questions or wishing to file a complaint regarding this policy may contact the City’s Director of Parks, Culture, & Recreation. Persons requiring a reasonable accommodation for a disability may contact the City’s Human Resources Manager. For more information, please contact 360-363-8400 (main Parks, Culture & Recreation Department office telephone number).
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field