The Administrative Division provides customer service for citizens, and administrative support for the police department on a continuous basis, being open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year.
The division acts as a community resource center, ranging from assisting with locating local resources to providing call-out services for public works and streets for the City. It also assists the public with obtaining police reports and providing appropriate disclosure and dissemination of such public records.
The Administrative Division also provides information to various departments within the police department such as: Patrol, Investigations, Property Crimes, and Auto Theft Task Force. Some of their other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting thorough background checks for citizens of the City of Marysville for concealed pistol licenses and firearm transfers. Adversely, the Records Unit also does utilize extensive research to prohibit persons from obtaining a concealed pistol license or firearm if the subject is unable to possess either.
- Providing site security via CCTV for the Public Safety Building.
- Acting as jail control for the movement of incarcerated persons, visitors, professional visits and employees.
- Working closely with prosecutors and courts to provide complete and accurate information for the furtherance of justice.
- Completing entries into state and federal databases for missing persons, stolen items and wanted persons.
- Providing technical and policy information about police records to both internal and external customers.
- Property and Evidence Unit responsible for receiving, securing, storing, and appropriately releasing or destroying property.