Social Media Policy
- Keep it civil. No obscenity, vulgarity, hate speech or offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks or unsupported accusations.
- No off-topic posts.
- No political statements, including comments that support or oppose a candidate, ballot proposition or political party [RCW 42.17A.555]
- No posts that promote discrimination of any kind.
- No posts encouraging illegal activity or information that could compromise public safety or security. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
All posts and comments are public records subject to disclosure under the Public Records Act [RCW 42.56].
The City of Marysville reserves the right to remove posted content that does not comply with these policies.
Communications with the City through social media sites does not constitute a legal or official notice or comment.
- In an emergency, always call 911.
- For public records requests, please call 360-363-8000.
- To register an official comment about a specific city project or program, please contact the appropriate department.
The City may link to other social media sites to provide helpful resources or more information. Providing such links does not imply the City’s endorsement or recommendation.