Marysville Hearing Examiner
- 7 p.m.
- Meets as needed
- Marysville City Hall
1049 State Ave
Marysville, WA 98270
Agendas & Minutes:
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Minutes are available following approval.
Packets are available prior to the meetings.
Decisions are available once issued by the Hearing Examiner.
- Kevin McDonald
About the Hearing Examiner
The Hearing Examiner hears and decides certain project applications and administrative appeals of land use decisions. The examiner is vested with the duty and authority to hold public hearings and render decisions on the following matters:
- Preliminary plats
- Appeals from administrative decisions on short plats
- Rezones; except area-wide rezones initiated by the city itself shall be heard by the planning commission
- Binding site plan approvals when subject to public review
- Zoning code variances
- Conditional use permits when subject to public review
- Administrative appeals from decisions and interpretations by city staff relating to land use codes, SEPA and permits
- Conditional shoreline development permits, variances and appeals from administrative determinations arising under Chapter 22E.050 MMC
- Complaints by citizens or city staff seeking administrative enforcement of provisions of city land use codes or conditions in development permits and approvals, or seeking rescission or modification of such permits or approvals
- Variances and administrative appeals arising from the city’s sign code
- Variances and administrative appeals arising from the city’s floodplain management code
- Variances and administrative appeals arising under the city’s street department code
- Appeals of suspension or removal of tow truck operators from the city’s list under MMC 11.37.060
- Such other regulatory, enforcement or quasi-judicial matters as may be assigned to the examiner by the mayor and city council