Utility Customer Support Program

On July 30, 2020 the Governor issued Proclamation 20.23.7 which extended the prohibition of assessing late fees and disconnecting water service through July 31, 2021, or until the termination of the COVID-19 State of Emergency, whichever comes first. On July 2, 2021, Gov. Inslee extended that deadline to September 30, 2021. The proclamation also included a provision for utilities to develop a customer support program intended to offer assistance to those individuals experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19.

The City of Marysville Customer Support Program is summarized below and includes customer notification regarding the support program and the sharing of information about the availability of other financial resources. 

Program Details

  • The Utility Assistance Grants Application is currently open. The grant offers a one-time bill credit of $200 ($100 for those who have a discounted utility rate) to those who qualify. Funds are limited; grants will first be awarded to eligible applicants who have not previously received a grant. Those who were previously awarded a grant may still apply and will be put on a wait list; if funding is still available, those grants will be awarded in the order received. View the  grant application for eligibility requirements.
  • Waiver of late fees is extended through September 30, 2021.
  • Extended repayment plan for past due accounts is available.  The account must pay current charges plus the agreed repayment plan amount applied to the delinquent balance.
  • If an account has entered into an extended repayment plan and at any time does not meet the terms of the plan, the account will be subject to disconnection of service.
  • If a delinquent account has not entered an extended repayment plan, the account will be subject to disconnection of service. 

For payment arrangements call 360-363-8001 or email utilitybilling@marysvillewa.gov

The City of Marysville encourages customers who have delinquent account balances to contact the utility billing department by emailing utilitybilling@marysvillewa.gov or by calling 360-363-8001.

Additional bill assistance:

Utilities and Transportation Commission Consumer Hotline 1-888-WUTC(9882) or consumer@utc.wa.gov  https://www.utc.wa.gov/aboutUs/Pages/COVIDHELP.aspx

Behind on your utility payments?  The governor's moratorium preventing shut-offs of electricity, natural gas, and water is ending September 30, 2021.  If you've fallen behind on your utilities, you have time now to start looking for utility assistance.