The City’s Code Enforcement Unit administers the chapters of the Marysville Municipal Code that address public health, public nuisance and safety issues. Code Enforcement investigates allegations that arise from citizen complaints and works with property owners to remedy these conditions. As time allows, officers also patrol neighborhoods to identify code enforcement violations with the goal of improving neighborhood aesthetics and livability.
When a complaint is filed, city staff investigate to verify whether the condition violates code. If so, the responsible individual is asked to take corrective measures to comply. If compliance is not met by the specified deadline, penalties and enforcement actions may begin as outlined in MMC Chapter 4.02.
You can file a code complaint online by choosing from the most commonly reported violations below. To ensure that the complaint gets to the correct department, please select “submit your code complaint online” below the most appropriate category listed.
You can also download and print a code complaint form. Complete the form and mail to:
Marysville Code Enforcement
1635 Grove St.
Marysville, WA 98270
To report animal and parking issues, please call 911 when they are occurring.
- MMC Chapter 6.24, including:
- accumulation of trash
- discarded appliances and furniture
- non-operational or junk vehicles on private property
- overgrown vegetation
- open storage
- non-maintained and abandoned structures
- Submit your code complaint regarding a public nuisance online
- MMC Chapter 6.25
- Report Graffiti online
- Graffiti Abatement Program
- Consent to enter property - Graffiti Abatement Program
- MMC Title 22, including:
- critical areas/wetland violations
- operating a business without a license or in an inappropriate land use district
- setback violations
- illegal grading
- Submit your code complaint regarding a land use issue online
- MMC Title 16, including:
- construction without a permit
- dangerous buildings
- Submit your code complaint regarding a building code issue online
- MMC Chapter 14.21, including:
- discharging pollutants or hazardous materials into the city’s storm system or other waterbody
- Submit your code complaint regarding illicit discharge online